Transform Traumatic Memories and PTSD
Single life-altering events or stressful long-term situations can leave profound negative imprints on our well-being.
Release the mental, emotional and physical effects of trauma with our gentle yet effective therapies.
Understanding Emotional and Psychological Trauma
What are Traumatic Experiences?
Emotional and psychological trauma is the result of very stressful experiences and events. These experiences and events have the power to shatter our sense of security and leave us feeling helpless in a dangerous world.
The aftermath of psychological trauma often manifests as persistent negative emotions, distressing memories, and unrelenting anxiety.
Furthermore, it can disconnect us from others and leave us in a state of numbness, making it difficult for us to feel anything or connect with family and friends.
Traumatic experiences often involve a threat to life or safety, but any situation that leaves you feeling overwhelmed and isolated can result in trauma, even if it doesn’t involve physical harm.
The more frightened and helpless you feel, the more likely you are to be traumatized.
How is PTSD Caused?
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) can develop after a single very stressful, frightening or distressing event, or after a prolonged traumatic experience.
It triggers persistent symptoms that impact daily life, including intrusive thoughts, nightmares, flashbacks, and heightened alertness. Understanding the causes is crucial on the road to healing.
The many types of stressful experiences and events that can lead to PTSD include:
- serious accidents or injury
- a violent attack, especially if it was unexpected or happened in childhood
- sexual assault or rape
- abuse, including childhood or domestic abuse
- exposure to traumatic events at work, including remote exposure
- serious health problems, chronic illness, being admitted to intensive care
- childbirth experiences, such as losing a baby
- the death of someone close to you
- the breakup of a significant relationship
- a humiliating or deeply disappointing experience, especially if someone was deliberately cruel
- war, conflict or torture
- medical trauma such as surgery or broken bones
Hoe is Complex PTSD (CPTSD) Caused?
Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (CPTSD) emerges from enduring prolonged trauma, such as childhood abuse, emotional or physical neglect, or repeated exposure to violence.
CPTSD encompasses a range of symptoms beyond those of PTSD, including emotional dysregulation, distorted self-perception, relationship difficulties, and a sense of emptiness. Acknowledging these complexities paves the way for healing.
Experiencing trauma in childhood can have severe and long-lasting effects. When childhood trauma is not resolved, a sense of fear and helplessness carries over into adulthood, setting the stage for further trauma.
Whatever the cause of your trauma, and whether it happened years ago or yesterday, you can make healing changes and move on with your life. We can help, please reach out to us.
How Can BWRT and Associated Therapies Help to Reduce the Effects of Traumatic Experiences?
Embark on a journey of healing and resilience with transformative therapies like BWRT, hypnotherapy, CBT, and EFT.
These therapies provide supportive avenues to navigate the impact of trauma, empowering you to rediscover balance and reclaim your life.
- BWRT: Discover the potential of BrainWorking Recursive Therapy (BWRT), an innovative approach that taps into your brain’s natural healing mechanisms. By rewiring negative neural pathways, BWRT facilitates lasting change and relief. Experience a sense of liberation as you free yourself from the burdens of trauma and embrace newfound inner peace.
- Hypnotherapy: Embark on a transformative exploration of your subconscious mind through the gentle art of hypnotherapy. Peel back the layers of trauma, release emotional burdens, and reframe negative beliefs. Rediscover a sense of safety, resilience, and serenity as you embark on a future unburdened by the weight of the past.
- CBT: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) offers a structured and evidence-based approach to address the effects of trauma. By examining the connections between thoughts, emotions, and behaviors, CBT empowers you to challenge distorted beliefs, develop healthy coping strategies, and foster positive change. Reclaim your life with newfound strength and self-compassion.
- EFT: Explore the gentle yet powerful healing potential of Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT). This unique approach combines elements of acupuncture and psychology to release emotional blockages, reduce anxiety, and promote emotional well-being. Embrace a life where the scars of trauma no longer define you, as you step into a future of authenticity, connection, and joy.